Friday 21 September 2012

Goodbye to the Road to University!

So, this is it. For over a year, everything has been leading up to this weekend. It all started with the millions of prospectuses, going from looking for History courses, to History with Journalism courses, then finally settling on straight journalism with an NCTJ course attached. I spent a lot of time looking for a university in Wales and I'm not entirely sure why. I think (and I say this with much shame) that it might have been because I was going through a phase of having an obsession with welsh men and I once said as a joke that I wanted to go to Cardiff university where I would meet a Gavin Henson and that would be my life sorted, but then I took it a bit far and became convinced I needed to go to Wales. I'm not going to Wales. I soon realised that there were more important things to consider than what accent the majority of people at your uni will have.

Anyway, if you've been reading this blog for the past year you'll know most of my story on the road to university which I've now reached the end of but I just want to say a final thank you to any one who has ever liked, shared, favourited, retweeted, commented, said to me in person "I liked your blog" or just read it.

I've been saying my goodbyes to everyone for the past couple of days and they haven't actually been as difficult as I'd expected, there have been hardly any tears, which for me is really saying something. I know that I'll still talk to my best friends all the time and Christmas isn't that long away. It was a little difficult to say goodbye to my best friend tonight. We have been friends for about 10 years and it's going to feel a bit weird not being able to just walk over the road to see her when I'm having a crisis or I'm just bored. I know we'll see each other soon though so it was fine, she's not getting rid of me that easily ;) The hardest goodbye will be to my Mum, Dad and brother tomorrow. My brother has been getting quite upset about me leaving recently but I know he'll be fine, he is without a doubt the person I will miss most but we'll be able to talk on skype a lot. Although it will take a bit of getting used to because I don't remember him ever not being there and he's been my favourite thing in the world since the day he was born when I begged for him to be called Spike (he's not Spike, he's called Ben) it won't be long before he'll be used to me not being there!
































Now it's time to say goodbye to this blog. I feel a little emotional to be honest, it's become a little part of me and It's difficult to leave it. I'm not leaving blogging behind though. I asked for suggestions for a new blog concept and I had a few people telling me that they like this one so after having the same name suggested by both my Mum and my Best Friend I am pleased to say that the new blog will be www.theroadthroughuniversity.blogspot.com and hopefully the first post will be up sometime this weekend when I'm all moved in to Bede Hall at De Montfort University in Leicester and starting The Road Through University!

1 comment:

  1. i miss you so much but it is alright as long as you are having a good time
    love Ben Chilver xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete