Tuesday 24 July 2012

Letting go!

I put myself on a bit of a fun ban while I was doing my exams. I didn't take it to ridiculous levels and lock myself in the house or anything but I turned down a few nights out in order to revise. This made half 11 on the 19th June when I finished my last ever A level exam (fingers crossed!) even more exciting.

I like to think that I'm quite a fun person most of the time even if I pretend to be super sensible. I've realised though that having absolutely nothing to worry about is the best feeling in the world, not only because it means you have nothing to do but mainly because it seems to turn me into this super relaxed Katy that I don't think I've ever met before.

I think it's important to let go after a long period of stress and I celebrated the end of exams with a night out in Chelmsford with some of my best friends. It was really fun but it made me realise that sometimes I let go a little bit too much. I was trying to celebrate as much as possible and in the process got a little too drunk then spent the next week feeling like I was the worst person in the world, not ideal.



I had loads more to look forward to though, starting with the Year 13 prom, which was a lovely night with lovely people. It was very different to Year 11 prom but I'd argue that everyone probably looked nicer despite having made less effort. Drinks were massively over priced so we didn't get too drunk but it was a cute little goodbye.



After Prom, I still had two great things to look forward to, tour and my girls holiday (blog to come). Tour really showed off this new relaxed Katy. I was so immature that I think I made everyone wonder who the leaving year 13 was. I've never laughed so much in my life and at stuff I've never found funny before. Toilet humour and sexual innuendos have never really amused me but all weekend I was giggling away to just that. That mixed with living my childhood and just general life dream of performing at Disneyland Paris made it one of the best weekends ever and a great way to say goodbye to the people who have made my time at school unlike any other. 


The moral of the story for me is that it's good to let go and fun Katy is the best type of Katy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment